Bridgeport UMC (Renovations)

Bridgeport UMC Additions

Recognizing a growing need to accommodate all its members, this congregation improved accessibility to their beautiful stone multi-story building. The site and parking areas required elevated entrance ways, which were renovated with ramps. Using pavers to match the originals, the church maintained the original design and level of quality.

An ADA compliant elevator addition now serves the entire building, providing access to the sanctuary, church offices, classrooms, cafeteria, chorus, and balcony areas. Aesthetics were a key element of this project.

The original church (circa 1950) is constructed of stone masonry with a slate roof that is detailed with limestone. A seamless appearance for the exterior was achieved by using stone from the original quarry and detailed drawings to replicate the complex shapes of limestone in the soffit and fascia. A newcomer may not even be aware this addition was not a part of the original construction.